Dr. Thomas McDonald has been a licensed
Chiropractor since 1979.
Dr. McDonald attended the University of California Santa Cruz where his interests included scuba diving and surfing. He worked part-time in a gas station where he injured his low back in a lifting accident. The low back pain was prohibiting normal activities, including surfing and sitting. After trying various forms of treatment including physical therapy and medication he was getting no relief.
A friend suggested he try Chiropractic Care. After a course of care the problem resolved and he resumed normal activities. Dr. McDonald was so inspired by this experience that he enrolled in Palmer College of Chiropractic. Palmer is called the "Fountainhead" of chiropractic because it is the original chiropractic school and it is where the profession developed.
Dr. McDonald graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1979 and has been in private practice since. He began Downtown Chiropractic in San Francisco in 1980. In 1994 he began his Vacaville practice.
Dr. McDonald is a native Californian who grew up in the Bay Area. He has two sons in college. His older son, Conor is studying psychology and is on the surfing team at U.C. Santa Barbara. His younger son, Kevin is enrolled in Junior College and participates in activities such as skateboarding, parachuting and disc golf.
Dr. McDonald keeps in shape by participating in activities such as Yoga and swimming, which emphasize back strengthening. He also likes to hike, read, watch movies and do crossword puzzles.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA - 1976-1979
Doctor of Chiropractic Degree granted
- University of California, Santa Cruz, CA - 1973-1976
Major: Biological Sciences
- Certified Industrial Consultant, Santa Clara, CA - 1984-1985
160 Hours - Sponsored by the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Postgraduate Division
- Certified as an Industrial Disability Evaluator by the California Chiropractic Association - 1990
- Completed three year post-graduate course in Chiropractic Orthopedics, Los Angeles College of
Chiropractic - 1993-1996
- Certified in proficiency and specialization in use of AMA Guidelines by the American Board of
Independent Medical Examiners (ABIME). Certificate #04-00075 - 11/19/04 - Present
- Private practice in San Francisco, CA - 1980 - Present
- Private practice in Vacaville, CA - 1994 - Present
- Expert Witness consultation and testimony in various chiropractic malpractice cases
(references on request)
- Performed numerous independent chiropractic Examinations and
disability evaluations - 1984 - Present
- California State Appointed Qualified Medical Examiner (QME) - 1991 - Present
- Agreed Medical Evaluator (AME) for various attorneys, insurance companies, and patients.
- Expert evaluator and witness for California Board Of Chiropractic - 2000 - Present
Memberships & Associations:
- Member, California Chiropractic Association - 1980 - Present
- Secretary, the San Francisco Chiropractic Society - 1983 - 1985
- Treasurer, the San Francisco Chiropractic Society - 1984 - 1985
- Fellow, American College of Chiropractic Orthopedics (F.A.C.O.)
* In 26 years of practice Dr. McDonald has never been sued for malpractice. No complaints have ever been filed against him with the California Board of Chiropractic.